Intro Day of Stand-Up Paddle and SUP Yoga at Swansea Canal, Clydach
Sunday, April 1, 2018
Swansea’s historic canal, at Clydach, has undergone an amazing transformation, thanks to Swansea Canal Restoration Society.
Sup Gower & Sup Yoga Swansea will be launching Stand-Up Paddle and Sup Yoga lessons on this beautiful calm stretch of water in the Spring. These will give people of all ages and abilities the opportunity to try out one of the fastest growing water-sports of the moment.
Come along and find out about Paddleboarding and Yoga on a Paddleboard and try them out during one the introductory sessions during the day, available for £10pp (first come first served).
Sup and Sup Yoga are two of the fastest growing watersports in the UK. Come along and discover for yourself:
– What stand-up paddling is
– How you can get involved
– What equipment & accessories we use
– Different types of boards
– How and why we do Yoga on paddleboards!
– How to sign up for lessons in both SUP and SUP Yoga at North Dock for Summer 2017
– About Sup events in Swansea and the Gower
The event will be run by qualified instructors from The Sup Hut, Swansea and Sup Yoga Swansea.
*Anyone trying out these activities will have to sign a disclaimer with standard requirements for participation which include:
• Be a competent swimmer (able to swim 150m non-stop)
• Be able to tread water unaided for 10 minutes
• Be free of any medical conditions which could endanger themselves or other participants or advise the organisers of any such conditions.
For more information, please contact The Sup Hut on 01792 446511 or Sup Yoga Swansea by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07581 005605.
The project is a joint venture between Annapurna Helen Wilson of Womankind Yoga Wales & Sup Yoga Swansea and national SUP champion Matt Barker-Smith, of The Sup Hut, Swansea.
Dates for Sup Yoga on Swansea Canal are available to book now.
For more information about the canal, visit www.swanseacanalsociety.com